Seattle Department of Transportation has announced a project open house for the Westlake Avenue North Cycle Track project to be held on Wednesday, May 21, 2014. This is the second of three planned open houses for the cycle track project and will focus on the design and potential alignment of the project. Members of the community are encouraged to attend the open house to review the work to date and provide input on design options. We at the South Lake Union community council will have a representative at the open house, and encourage all those interested to participate as an individual or through the community council.
The Westlake Cycle Track project will be a positive step in realizing South Lake Union Mobility Plan's goal to support biking throughout the neighborhood. The project will also help to improve the Cheshiahud Lake Union Loop Trail for all types of recreation and highlight the bustling South Lake Union neighborhood.
The goal of the Westlake Cycle Track project is to design and build a protected bike lake along Westlake Avenue North. Protected bike lanes are separated from both pedestrian traffic and motor vehicle traffic in order to improve safety and connectivity for all Seattle bicycle users. More details on the project can be found on the City's Website by clicking on the following link: www.seattle.gov/transportation/wct.htm
- WHAT: South Lake Union Community Council Monthly Meeting
- DATE: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 TIME: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) 860 Terry Ave. North, Seattle, WA 98109
- GETTING THERE: Walk, pedal or ride the Seattle Streetcar to the Lake Union Park stop. Public parking available through City of Seattle paid street-side parking.
- MORE INFO: www.SLUCommunityCouncil.org